Early Braces Treatment
Braces are not just for children and can help patients of any age, however early prevention of problems with early braces treatment can most certainly be beneficial. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends children have their first evaluation no later than the age of 7. This is because at 7-years-old is when the first adult molars start to erupt. This also is the time when orthodontists can evaluate the structure and monitor growth and development.
Early Braces Advantages
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing orthodontic treatment time
Malocclusions, literally means “bad bite”, and is one of the most common reasons for a referral to an orthodontist. A correct bite for the mouth is determined when the points of the molars fit the grooves of the opposite molar, and the upper teeth fit a bit over the lower teeth. An orthodontist treats a bad bite by correcting the alignment and spacing within the mouth to get rid of overcrowding and abnormal bite patterns.
Call 1-844-9SMILES or contact us online to schedule your braces consultation.