Early Braces Treatment
Though it is true that braces are not just for children, early prevention of problems can most certainly be beneficial. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends children have their first evaluation no later than the age of 7, because at this age is when the first adult molars start to erupt. This is the time when orthodontists can evaluate the structure and monitor growth and development.
Early Braces Advantages
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing treatment time with braces
Malocclusions, literally meaning “bad bite”, is one of the most common reasons for a referral to an orthodontist. A correct bite for the mouth is when the points of the molars fit the grooves of the opposite molar, and the upper teeth should fit a bit over the lower teeth. Treatment is to correct the alignment and spacing within the mouth to rid of overcrowding and abnormal bite patterns.
Call 1-844-9SMILES or contact us online to schedule your braces consultation.